Drury University Distinguished Staff Award
The Distinguished Staff Award, along with the criteria and processes described below, was established to honor a Drury staff member annually at the Holiday Luncheon. It will provide a monetary award and permanent recognition on a plaque to recognize exceptional accomplishments, leadership, and service to the University. The donors making this award possible are Drury alums and former staff members.
Any regular staff member, except the President and Vice Presidents, in a non-faculty position, with a minimum of two years of continuous regular service at Drury University, is eligible for this award.
Recipients will be selected on the merits and strengths of the following contributions:
- Enhancing the quality of work-life in ways that make a significant difference for colleagues or customers.
- Providing outstanding and ongoing excellence in services to faculty, staff, students, and/or other customers.
- Developing creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and efficient department or university operations.
The nomination and selection process will take place in the fall of each year. The Director of Human Resources will announce the call for nominations in September, with nomination packages due in early November. To nominate a staff member for this award, the following must be submitted to the Director of Human Resources:
- A completed nomination form (available from the Human Resources office or download a copy)
- A nomination statement from the person submitting the nomination. This statement should cite specific accomplishments and services of the nominee and should be no longer than three pages.
- Three letters of support (including specific examples of the contributions the nominee has made) from individuals representing the diverse group of colleagues/customers (faculty, staff, students, or other individuals) who have personal knowledge of and who have benefited from the nominee's services.
- Nominations from one year will not carry over to the next year.
The selection committee will be composed of the Director of Human Resources and a staff representative (with at least two years of service) from each of the following departments:
- Student Affairs
- Institutional Advancement/President's Office
- Enrollment Management
- Academic Affairs
- Administrative Affairs
- Campus Operations
The President and Management Team members of the university will not serve on the selection committee. The Director of Human Resources will chair the selection committee.