Housing & Residence Life

2016-17 Sign-Up Information

Applying for Campus Housing: Returning Students

Don’t forget, Drury University has a housing policy that requires most full-time day school students to live on campus. 

Full-time day school students are eligible to reside in on-campus apartments (includes Midtown houses) and fraternity houses if they graduated from high school at least one full year prior to the anticipated move-in date.  There is not a minimum credit-hour requirement to apply for apartments or houses.

Students should choose their own roommates and fill out online Housing Selection forms for each unit type in which they are interested, unless they are applying for specialty housing (Foreign Languages House, fraternity houses, Honors House, Humanities House, Rose O'Neill House, Social Justice House, Summit Park, family housing). Deadlines for each housing unit are indicated on the Housing Selection form. Group members should fill out a housing contract in MyDrury by the same deadlines listed on the Housing Selection form.   

For regular apartment-style & Midtown housing, the Housing Office will confirm each group’s earned credit hours and rank the roommate groups from most earned hours to least earned hours.

Groups then attend their designated housing sign-up night.  At the sign-up nights, a large campus map will be posted so that students can easily see which units are available. Groups whose members submitted contracts will be called from most credit hours to least credit hours to select their specific unit from the map.  
Students who are moving to campus for the first time should also bring a $200 check made out to Drury University or pre-pay the deposit online.

Some students already have an apartment and want to keep it for the upcoming academic year.  In order for students to maintain their current apartment/house for another year (residency continuation), at least 50% of the current residents must renew their contracts in MyDrury and find students to fill any vacancies within the unit (they also need to submit their contracts in MyDrury) by March 11 at 5 p.m. If all intended tenants do not submit housing contracts by March 11 at 5 p.m., those tenants must participate in the housing sign-up process and select a new unit.

Students residing in the following locations are NOT ELIGIBLE to keep the exact same bedroom or apartment (this list may change before sign-ups):

  • College Park units—106, 110, 128 & wheelchair accessible unit 104 (unless those students are residing with a student who requires accessible housing)
  • 1212 N Jefferson, Unit B
  • Manley Hall units—12, 18, 21, 27, 28, 31, 36, 37 (unless the student is in graduate school)
  • University Suites 203 & wheelchair accessible unit 101 (unless those students are residing with a student who requires accessible housing). 
  • Academic-themed houses – Foreign Language, Humanities, Rose O’Neill 
  • Summit Park
  • Midtown houses 410 E Calhoun, 1238 N Jefferson, 1215 N Robberson 
  • Fraternity houses & the three residence halls, Smith, Sunderland, and Wallace  

Continue to 2016-2017 housing options & eligibility requirements >>