The Honors House is designed to offer a group of students accepted into Drury’s Honors Program an opportunity to engage in discovery, exploration, creativity, and leadership through co-curricular experiences that deepen the honors experience. Honors House residents will plan social and cultural programming for the Honors Student Association, organize a service learning project for the year for the Honors Program, and develop their social media skills by promoting the Honors Program’s activities. Most significantly, living in the honors house will allow students to continue their engagement with ideas.
- Been accepted into the Honors Program and completed or be enrolled in HNRS 205 during the spring 2017 semester
- Full-time undergraduate day school student
- Must have graduated from high school in August 2016 or earlier
- Only group applications will be accepted.
- Participate in the Honors Student Association - Preference for students who hold a leadership position in the organization
- Host Honors Program and Honors Student Association events, including a welcome for new freshmen, monthly honors dinners, movie nights, game nights, and other events.
- Complete the proposed project
- Assist in the planning of the Honors Program Fall Trip
- Organize and/or participate in a service project for the Honors Student Association
- Host prospective students during their campus visits
Submit a completed application to Dr. Richard Schur (Pearsons 316) by February 13, 2017.