International Graduate Student Admission Process

Prior to starting an application, international students should contact Heejung Cromley ( or 417-873-7885), Director of Drury's International Support Services Office. Ms. Cromley can assist students with questions related to their visa, mandatory health insurance, financial resources evaluation, and employment policies.

Requirements for Admission

In addition to submitting the application documents listed here, international applicants are required to submit the following additional materials for admission to the specified office:

  1. Transcript Evaluation. Evaluation of all post-secondary education transcripts documented by a recognized international credential evaluator, e.g., World Education Services, Inc. (WES; or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE; Evaluation must be submitted in terms of U.S. semester credits, grade equivalents, grade point average, and authentication of documents. Drury reserves the right to interpret the evaluation report to be consistent with institutional transfer policy guidelines.

    Submit evaluated materials to Drury University College of Graduate Studies by email to

  2. Financial Resources. Provide documentation of sufficient financial resources to cover costs of the first year of studies (USD $20,000 estimated cost). Documentation includes:

    • Applicant’s bank statement(s) with a current balance of the account(s) including the bank’s mailing address, telephone and fax numbers; 


    • A sponsor(s)’s bank statement(s) with a current balance of the account(s) including the bank’s mailing address, telephone and fax number, AND
    • an affidavit of support from the sponsor(s) stating they will support the applicant during their education at Drury University.

      Submit financial materials to the Director of International Support Services at or by mail to:

      Drury University
      International Support Services
      900 N. Benton Ave
      Springfield MO 65802

      Department of Homeland Security requires that applicants document all sources of funding before the university can issue the form I-20. The U. S. Government and Drury want students to be well-informed and well-prepared to cover expenses before applying for admission and entering the U.S. All financial documents are verified for authenticity.

  3. English Proficiency. Proof of an applicant’s proficiency in English is required if their primary language is not English.
    • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 80 (minimum); OR

    • University of Cambridge International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5 (minimum); OR

    • at least two years of full-time college-level study at a school in a country where English is the native language.

      Submit to scores or transcripts to Drury University College of Graduate Studies by email to


Maintenance of immigration status is the responsibility of the student.

F-1 Student Visa

New Students: To enroll in a U.S. university, international students must be fully admitted as full-time students. Students who are accepted to the university are issued a Form I-20, the government Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status. This document, the letter of acceptance and complete documentation of financial resources are then presented to the U.S. Consulate in the student’s home country in application for an F-1 student visa. After students have a complete and accurate Form I-20, they must pay the $200 I-901 SEVIS fee (

Transfer Students: International students who seek to transfer from a U.S. college or university already have F-1 student visa status are granted a transfer pending I-20 after admitted to the University.

Non-F-1 Student Visa

If an individual is currently in the U.S. on a non-F-1 Visa and wishes to start their education at Drury University, please contact the Director of International Support Services, by email ( or by phone (417-873-7885).

U.S. Financial Aid

Students who are not citizens of the United States or its possessions are not eligible to apply for need-based financial assistance funded by the U.S. government. Drury does not offer need-based institutional assistance or loans.

International Student Health Insurance

International students are required by Drury University to have health insurance. Drury offers health insurance through United Health Insurance (administered by EIIA). Detailed information about the plan and how to petition for a waiver are available here. The annual (1 August – 31 July) costs are (subject to change) listed here.

Related Links 

International Support Services