Treasurers are responsible for maintaining the organization budget, including submitting requests for SGA funding, keeping track of expenses, and completing the SGA Audit in May. Treasurers should maintain at minimum monthly contact with the campus advisor and members to ensure that the organization is spending responsibly.
- Leads and mentors members on all financial matters
- Oversees and implements all funding for events
- Pays expenses and collects revenue and organizations dues
- Keeps detailed and organized financial records for the organization
- Prepares and submits regular financial reports to members
- Prepares annual budget and audit for SGA funding
- Is familiar with accounting policies & procedures
- Coordinates fundraising activities
- Remains fair and impartial during organization decision making processes
Attributes of a Good Treasurer
- Meticulous: competent and keeps detailed financial records for the organization
- Organized understands the responsibilities of maintaining a sound budget, knows what is happening financially with the organization at all times…funding issues, fundraising plans, expenses, revenue sources, etc.
- Noble: earns respect through being trustworthy, honest, and demonstrating a genuine interest in the welfare of the organization
- Educated: familiar with the rules, policies, and regulations of the university, and the bylaws of the organization and uses them to make good decisions
- Year-Round Consistency: involved in the organization and contributes in a positive way whenever necessary