Student Organizations Training Workshops (SOTW)
All student organizations and club sports that are registered and renewed through the Student Activities Office need to complete the Student Organizations Training Workshop step, as described in the Registration/Renewal Process. Every organization must have 2 officers on file with the Student Activities Office as having attended a SOTW.
Student Organizations Training Workshop Dates
New officers of student organizations and club sports that held elections in December through February should plan on attending one of the workshops listed below unless they meet one of the exemption requirements. All workshops will be held in the Student Activities Office, FSC 124 and shouldn't last more than half an hour.
- January 23rd-31st: MW at 11am and 2:30pm/TR at 12:30pm and 3pm.
- February 13th-17th: MW at 12pm and 2pm/T at 12pm, 2pm and 3:30PM/F at 4pm.
- February 27th-March 3rd: MW at 10am and 1:30pm/T at 11:30am, 2pm and 3pm/F at 4pm.
Do You Need to Attend a SOTW?
Some officers may be exempt from having to attend a SOTW, or may not be required to. Student officers fitting at least one of the following criteria do not have to attend a workshop for the current academic year.
- If you have already attended a SOTW for another organization last semester.
- If you are an officer for 2 or more organizations, you only need to attend a workshop once in the current academic year
Any questions or concerns should be directed towards the Student Activities Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot attend any of the workshop dates listed above.