About the Organization
Kappa Delta Sorority is a national organization for women committed to: inspiring our members to reach their full potential, preparing our members for community service, active leadership and responsible citizenship, creating opportunities for lifetime involvement through innovative and responsive programs, and strategic collaborations and partnerships, and fostering the development of our time-honored values within the context of friendship.
Kappa Delta meets once a week on Sundays at 7 p.m. in the Kappa Delta Suite in Freeman Hall.
How to Join
Ladies wishing to join the chapter can go through formal recruitment in the fall. During other times in the year, it will be necessary to contact the recruitment chair of the chapter or the Student Activities Office.
Director of Development- Major Gifts
- Nickname: Kay Dee, KD
- Colors: Olive Green, Pearl White
- Flower: White Rose
- Mascot: Teddy Bear
- Nautilus shell
- Teddy bear
- Historical Philanthropies: Children's Hospital of Richmond, VA; Kappa Delta Orthopedia Research Awards
- National Philanthropies: Prevent Child Abuse America; Girl Scouts of USA
- Local Philanthropy: Isabel's House
- Place and Date of Founding: Longwood College, October 23, 1897
- Founded at Drury: 1931
At a Glance
- Greek organization
- Selective membership
- First-year students welcome
- Weekly meetings
- Membership fees change each semester
- To join, go through fall or spring recruitment