Helpful Hints for Treasurers
- Ask your campus advisor for the account balance at least once a month, or go the Financial Services Office in Burnham Hall with your account number and request a printed account statement.
- If you're unsure on how to fill out a form or deposit a check, there are instructions in the Student Organizations Handbook in the Treasurer section.
- Always request ITEMIZED receipts (even for pizza!). Non-itemized receipts may not be processed for reimbursement.
- Record all of your transactions regularly in the Tracking sheet provided by SGA in your Budget Request. This will save you a lot of time at the end of the year when you have to complete the audit.
- Make sure to keep all receipts from organization purchases in case something isn't posted to the account before you have to turn in the audit.
- Try to deposit all checks and cash within 48 hours of receipt - you'll be less likely to forget about them or lose them.
For more information, contact the Student Activities Office or SGA (firstname.lastname@example.org).