Each year students, faculty, staff, organizations, and alumni at Drury University exceed expectations and prove to be exemplary. Drury recognizes outstanding students, employees, organizations, and alumni in multiple ways. One way is through the Drury Awards. Each month, students, faculty, and and staff across campus can submit their nominations for the Monthly Spotlight Awards recognizing exemplary students, faculty, staff, and organizations. Nominations are accepted from the first of the month to the last day of the month and winners will be announced the 15th of the following month. The winners of the Spotlight Awards will be eligible for the Drury President's Awards at the end of the academic year, presented by the University President and the Drury Awards Committee.
The categories of the awards are:
- Community Engagement - This monthly award recognizes volunteers for their outstanding service and contributions to the community.
- The President’s Award for the organization with the best overall community engagement program is called the Panther Service Cup and organizations must apply to be considered. For more information and the application visit: http://www.drury.edu/volunteer/Service-Awards/
- Community Partner - The Community Partner Award recognizes a community agency that is dedicated to improving the Springfield community by focusing their efforts on important social issues in our community. Nominated partners should go above and beyond in their daily operations and should have an active partnership with Drury University if possible.
- Diversity - This award highlights those in the Drury community who affirm the equality and worth of all people and appreciate the diversity of human culture, language, history and experience.
- Student Experience - The Student Experience Award recognizes members of the Drury community who place value on the student experience through Drury’s student organizations. Ideal recipients make significant contributions to student organizations by exemplifying excellent leadership skills, as well as integrity, service, innovation, and meaningful involvement every day.
- Sustainability - This award recognizes the exceptional personal efforts or community leadership of individuals who strive to improve Drury's or the community's environmental impact in ways that also improve the lives of people and the economic bottom line.
- Wellness - Drury University’s sixth campus value is “Commit to a culture of wellness.” This award selects those of the Drury Community who live committed to a personal and community culture of wellness.
Process for Monthly Drury Spotlight Award Nominations
Complete the Drury Awards Nomination Form by the 1st of the Month (September-November and February-April):
This form may be completed by anyone in the Drury community. Nominate someone here.
You may nominate a student, faculty/staff member, alumni, or group (organization, class, etc.) within the categories listed above.
Nominations are Reviewed and Winners are Selected:
Various Drury Departments will select the Spotlight winners and the President’s Awards winners.
Winners are announced:
Monthly Spotlight winners will be announced on the 15th of each month via Drury’s Facebook and Twitter Pages, DormTV, and The Mirror.
The winners will be recognized during the Drury President's Awards ceremony held each year at the end of the spring semester.
All questions, ideas, and comments regarding the Drury Awards may be directed to the Student Activities Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drury Monthly Spotlight Award Winners
|October 2015||Community Partner||Sammy's Window (Non-Profit Organization)|
|October 2015||Community Engagement||Allysa Bracken|
|October 2015||Community Engagement||Austin Ross|
|October 2015||Community Engagement||Dr. Raymond Patton|
|October 2015||Community Engagement||Dr. Brian Shipman|
|October 2015||Community Engagement||Zeta Tau Alpha|
|October 2015||Community Engagement||Mortar Board|
|October 2015||Community Engagement||Amy Blansit|
|October 2015||Student Experience||Jared Bishop|
|October 2015||Student Experience||Yuta Noji|
|October 2015||Student Experience||Bridger Falkenstein|
|October 2015||Student Experience||Dr. Heidi Backes|
|October 2015||Student Experience||Max Accardi|
|October 2015||Diversity||Karis Agnew|
|September 2015||Student Involvement||Sean Feher|
|September 2015||Student Involvement||Alexis Dutt|
|September 2015||Community Engagement||Emma Huggett|
|September 2015||Diversity||Lexi Brewer|
|September 2015||Community Engagement||Dr. Raymond Patton|
|September 2015||Wellness||Walker Jones|
|March 2015||Sustainability||Zoe Mack|
|February 2015||Community Engagement||Eleni Dellagrammaticas|
|February 2015||Wellness||Dr. Janis Prewitt|
|February 2015||Student Experience||Dr. James Simmerman|
|February 2015||Student Experience||Ken Scislaw|
|February 2015||Community Engagement||Scott Puryear|
|February 2015||Community Engagement||Dr. Rick Maxson|
|February 2015||Community Engagement||Claire Hubert|
|November 2014||Wellness||Merry Yeager|
|November 2014||Student Experience||Grant Dodge|
|November 2014||Student Experience||Megan Reidy|
|November 2014||Student Experience||Natasha Sanford|
|November 2014||Community Engagement||Blaine Whisenhunt|
|November 2014||Community Engagement||Jo Van Arkel|
|November 2014||Community Engagement||Christine Bass|
|November 2014||Community Engagement||DUkes|
|October 2014||Student Experience||Bayless Thompson|
|October 2014||Student Experience||Carley Tilley|
|October 2014||Student Experience||Jane Bennett|
|October 2014||Diversity||Leaster Gibson|
|October 2014||Community Engagement||Christina Collado|
|October 2014||Community Engagement||Rich Conyers|
|October 2014||Community Engagement||Ryan Swan|
|October 2014||Community Engagement||Soccer|
|October 2014||Sustainability||Ted Boland|
|September 2014||Student Experience||Sean Feher|
|September 2014||Student Experience||Alexis Dutt|
|September 2014||Community Engagement||Drury Design Build Club|
|September 2014||Community Engagement||Emma Huggett|
|September 2014||Community Engagement||Dr. Raymond Patton|
|September 2014||Diversity||Lexi Brewer|
|September 2014||Wellness||Walker Jones|