Required Forms for New Students
Drury University requires every student to complete and submit three forms, as well as a vaccination report, which must be received prior to the beginning of the student's first semester. Students who do not submit all requirements will have a hold placed on their student account. Most students who are ready to submit required forms have already submitted a Housing Contract or Exemption to the Housing Policy Form (the third required form), in which case it does not need to be resubmitted.
How to Access Required Forms
- All forms are found online and should be completed through your MyDrury account.
- MyDrury accounts are accessed from the Drury University homepage at www.drury.edu and clicking on the MyDrury icon on the top of the page.
- To log in, use your Drury username and password, which is the same as your Drury email username and password.
- Click the ‘Student’ tab on the top of the page.
- On the left sidebar, click ‘Student Forms’.
- In the middle of the page, you will now see the three required forms you must complete and submit.
If you begin work on one of the forms and you do not have time to finish, you may save the information you have submitted and go back at a later time to finish and submit the form.
Description of Required Forms
- Information Release (FERPA)
With the completion of this form, students who are 18 years of age and older give Drury University the authority to release (or not release) their personal, academic and financial information to any person of their choosing. Without authorization, Drury faculty and staff are not allowed, by federal law, to release any information about our students to any person not approved by the student.
2. Health and Emergency Information Form
Every effort is made to ensure the safety and well-being of all individuals involved in activities offered through Drury University. However, emergencies do sometimes occur. By submitting this form, if you are involved in a campus-related emergency, your information will be conveyed to the health professionals caring for you. This information will remain private and on file unless an emergency should occur.
3. New Student Housing Contract or Request for Exemption from the Housing Policy Form
Drury University recognizes the value of residential living to the total educational process, and therefore requires that all full-time day school students live on campus unless they meet specific exemption critieria.
Beginning with the 2015-16 academic year, the university will consider exemption requests from students who meet one or more of the criteria below:
- Age 21 or older at the start of the academic year
- Have a child
- Medical condition that cannot reasonably be accommodated in student housing
- Extenuating circumstances
- Veteran or currently serving in the United States military
Students 21 and over will receive priority for off-campus housing, but are not guaranteed approval. Complete a Housing Exemption Form if you want to move off campus.
4. Vaccination Records
Students must submit a copy of their complete vaccination records to Vicki Harrold, Executive Assistant to the Vice-President of Student Affairs.
Required vaccines include: MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella); Polio; DPT (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus)
Recommended vaccines include: Hepatitis B; Varicella (Chicken Pox); Meningococcal (Meningitis)
Students may scan, fax or mail copies to Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org, 417-873-6964 or Drury University, Attn: Vicki Harrold, 900 N. Benton Avenue, Springfield, MO 65802.
Questions about the required forms or vaccination records may be directed to Vicki Harrold, Executive Assistant to the Vice-President of Student Affairs at email@example.com or (417) 873-7215.