Music Auditions & Activity Grants
Department of Music
Music Activity Grant Auditions
• Music Activity Grant auditions are open to all students (music and non-music majors) who wish to participate in ensembles at Drury.
• Grants are awarded on the basis of talent and performance ability.
• Awards up to $4,000 are available per academic year.
• Contest-type material is appropriate, with two pieces in contrasting styles. The performance will be followed by a brief evaluation of sight-reading ability.
• Solos requiring accompaniment must be performed with piano. If you do not have an accompanist, we will provide one for you.
• Composers should also submit copies of scores and recordings of their works by the audition deadline.
• Candidates should apply for admission to Drury University before the audition.
• Students applying for admission to the Department of Music to pursue a major in music (BA, BME, BMT) must prepare a ten-minute audition in their major performing area (instrumental or vocal).
• Literature should be similar to that outlined above.
• All new students will be required to take a theory/ear training and history assessment exam upon arrival on campus.
Scheduling the Audition
• Please register on-line.
• Applicants will be notified of the audition appointment time.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to audition in person, however video-recorded auditions will be considered in the event of a travel hardship, and must be received by February 1, 2017.
How to find us
Auditions will be held in Clara Thompson Hall, the central building in the Mabee Performing Arts Center. Travelling north on N. Benton Ave., the Mabee Center will be on your right, across from the intersection of E. Webster St. and N. Benton Ave.
For more information, please contact: