Financial Aid Checklist: New Students
- Submit a complete application for admission to Drury University. If admitted, continue with this timeline.
- Begin scholarship search. Check with your high school counselor, employer, parents' employers, community organizations, and your Drury admission counselor.
- Make note of the deadlines and materials requested for each scholarship and create a plan for the application process.
- Experience a day in the life of a Drury student. Attend Discover Drury Day on campus.
- If you haven't visited campus for a personalized tour, schedule a campus experience with the Office of Admission.
- Revisit your scholarship paperwork to confirm any deadlines or requirements.
- Submit your housing contract and $300 deposit ($100 tuition and $200 housing) to the Office of Admission.
- Review your acceptance packet for important scholarship and housing deadlines and contact your admission counselor with any questions.
- Submit Drury's Endowed Scholarship Questionnaire and complete any scholarship applications before their required deadlines.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1, at www.fafsa.gov.
To file the FAFSA, use your parents' income tax returns, and yours if you filed, from 2014. Follow the instructions carefully and do not leave any blanks. Contact your admission counselor with any questions.
- Register to attend Admitted Student Day to receive your financial aid package early. At this event, you'll be able to meet one-on-one with financial aid representatives and have all of your scholarship and financial aid questions answered.
- If you were unable to attend Drury's Admitted Student Day, you will receive a Scholarship and Financial Aid award package from Drury in mid-March.
- If you have not filed your FAFSA, your Scholarship and Financial Aid award letter may not include some awards for which you might be eligible.
- The absolute FAFSA deadline for Missouri residents is April 1, 2015. www.fafsa.gov.
- If you haven't done so already, submit your housing contract and deposit as soon as possible.
- You will receive a packet from the Office of Academic Planning after you have submitted your deposit. Complete and submit your Pre- Scheduling Questionnaire early for priority registration.
- Apply for a spot in one of Drury's Living Learning Communities by the April 15 deadline. For more information, visit drury.edu/llc.
- If you wish to apply for any student or parent loans, visit drury.edu/fa/loans.
- Confirm that your Drury admission counselor has received your housing paperwork and deposit by the May 1 national decision deadline.
- Register to attend Freshman First Day on Friday, June 26, 2015, your first day as a Drury student on campus!
- Attend Freshman First Day. Submit any remaining paperwork and meet with offices and student services on campus. You'll be able to make schedule changes, find out your residence hall, meet your roommate and a whole lot more. For more information, visit drury.edu/ffd.
- Welcome to Drury! Orientation begins Friday, August 17.