Financial Aid Appeals
Types of appeals:
- Lack of academic progress
For Fall 2016 Semester Appeals, students must submit all necessary paperwork by July 22, 2016, in order to guarantee a decision by August 5.
Students who fail to meet the standards of SAP have the option to submit an appeal if being placed on probation is a result of extenuating circumstances. Appeals are reviewed by the Financial Aid Appeal Committee. The outcome of an appeal is final. The committee will automatically deny any appeal that does not have any supporting documentation. If there were not extenuating circumstances that resulted in your lack of academic progress, you are not eligible to submit an appeal.
Examples of possible extenuating circumstances are:
- A death in your immediate family – you must submit a copy of a death certificate.
- Auto accident – you must submit a police report or an insurance claim.
- Medical illness/hospitalization – you must submit a letter from your physician or billing statement.
In addition to explaining your extenuating circumstances, you must submit the following items to support your appeal:
- A statement explaining corrective measures you have taken to ensure academic success in the future
- A letter of support from your academic advisor
- An academic plan signed by your academic advisor
Lack of academic progress
You must submit a written statement explaining how extenuating circumstances caused you to fail satisfactory academic progress and include documentation supporting your explanation.
Required cumulative GPA requirements for Drury students are listed below.
|Hours Earned||Minimum GPA Required|
|0 – 29||1.6|
|30 – 59||1.8|
|60 or above||2.0|