Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is Facilities Services?

A. Facilities Services handles the Custodial, Maintenance, and Grounds functions for Drury University.

Q. I need you to fix something. How do I let you know?

A. By submitting a work order!

Q. How do I find the work order request form?

A. The link to our work order system is here. It’s a simple form with a few questions, and can be filled out in a matter of minutes. If you’d prefer, you can always call or email us in the Facilities Services office.

Q. The work order form is asking me for a password?

A. Once you fill out a work order, at the bottom of the screen it asks you to enter a ‘submittal password.’ On this page, everyone uses the same password; panthers.

Q. How soon should I get a work order in?

A. Please turn in a work order as soon as you identify a maintenance issue that needs addressing. We love hearing about problems sooner rather than later!

Q. What if I’m not sure if the problem is for Facilities Services?

A. You are welcome to call our office at any time, and we’ll do anything we can to help. If you have an issue that doesn’t fall under our jurisdiction, we’ll make sure to put you in contact with the correct department or person.

Q. When should I call instead of putting in a work order?

A. You are welcome to contact us any way, at any time. If you have a work order request, the best course of action is to submit a work order here. Our phones are staffed Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., so if you’d like to speak to one of us, just call!

Q. Who do I call after business hours or in an emergency?

A. For maintenance requests, the best course of action is to submit a work order here. If your request is urgent and outside our office hours, please call the Security office at X7400. They can contact our on-call maintenance staff.

Q. When will someone be at my residence to fix a problem?

A. We address every issue as soon as we possibly can. We understand that having a problem with the air conditioning or heat, or a plumbing or electrical, etc. can be a pain! And we want to resolve every problem as quickly as possible. We take care of the entire campus at Drury, and do our best to make sure every problem is resolved quickly and efficiently.

Q. Do I need to be there when a worker comes?

A. Great question! If you submit a work order, we’ll respond as quickly as we can, and if you happen to not be in your room/apartment/classroom/office when we arrive, we will proceed with the work. It is okay if you are not there, and we’ll never ask you to rearrange your schedule!

Q. When will I know that my work request is finished?

A. When you submit a work order, you’ll receive an automated response letting you know we’ve received your request. You’ll receive another email from the system when we’ve finished and closed your work order. We’ll only contact you in between if we have questions or need more information.

Q. I’m seeing bugs in my dorm/apartment. What should I do?

A. Oh no! Let’s get rid of those things! Please submit a work order here. There’s a category for ‘Pest Control’ and we’ll send someone to your room/apartment/office/classroom to treat the area for bugs.

Q. What kind of pesticides do you guys use?

A. When treating for bugs, we use chemicals that are harmless to people. The spray is a fine mist that dries on contact and never goes airborne. It’s applied in out-of-the-way areas and will never affect the occupants of the room.

Q. My light bulb is out, what do I do?

A. Facilities is able to change light bulbs in classrooms, offices, and exterior areas on campus. If a light is out in one of these areas, please submit a work order here. Residents are responsible for replacing the bulbs in occupied dorm rooms or apartments.

Q. There’s a problem with my internet connection / Wi-Fi signal. What do I do?

A. Technology Services can help with that! Please send them an email at

Q. The cable service isn’t working. Help!

A. No problem. Please contact the Housing department at Also see this handy ‘Internet and Cable Service’ page.

Q. I’ve got a lot of recycling here. Where can I take it?           

A. Drury University is proud to offer several options for recycling…

B. There are bins inside each building to collect your recyclable materials. Our Custodial staff services these bins.

C. There are six locations on campus where you can find a single-stream recycling dumpster; College Park by Phase 2, Summit Park, Jefferson Park, University Suites, Findlay Student Center, and the Fraternity Houses parking lot.  These dumpsters are green and clearly labeled with what materials they can accept. And best of all, no sorting! You are welcome to toss all your recyclables into the same dumpster. (Please, no food-tainted or wet materials, and don’t toss the bag!)

D. For large quantities of recycled materials, please use the Central Street Recycling Center. Located at Central and Summit Streets, there are separate dumpsters for paper, cardboard, glass, aluminum/tin, and plastic. This facility is available to the community.

E. For more information, see here.

Q. I need chairs and tables for an event on campus. What do I do?

A. If you are planning an event on campus and need tables and chairs to be set up for it, please let us know by submitting a work order. You can make this request as soon as you’ve reserved the room.

Q. What else do I need to know?

A. We’re here to help, so if you have any questions, please give us a call at (417) 873-7219, emailing us at, or submitting a work order here.