EDUC 201 Teacher Aide
Springfield Class Meetings
- Tuesday, August 28 – 8 a.m., 1 p.m. or 5 p.m., Lay Hall Auditorium
Tuesday, September 25 – 8 a.m., 1 p.m. or 5 p.m., Lay Hall Auditorium
Tuesday, October 23 – 8 a.m., 1 p.m. or 5 p.m., Lay Hall Auditorium
Tuesday, November 27 – 8 a.m., 1 p.m. or 5 p.m., Lay Hall Auditorium
EDUC 212 and 213: Professional Preparation for the Field of Teacher Education
All students enrolled in EDUC 212 and 213 are required to attend one of the following meetings in order to complete the course satisfactorily:
- Monday, September 10 from 4:30 - 6 p.m., or
- Saturday, September 15 from 10 - 11:30 a.m.
To register online, complete the following steps.
- Submit online registration at www.dhss.mo.gov/FCSR (Click "Register Online").
- Print receipt verifying you are in the system. If your social security number is already registered in the system, a page will appear when you attempt to register. Print that page instead of the receipt. Either the receipt or verification page should be provided to the Springfield education office.
Lay Hall, Attn: Carol Pearson
900 N. Benton Ave
Springfield, MO 65802
Fax: (417) 873-7269
- Once the background check has been completed the results will be mailed to the student and will be accessible by the School of Education & Child Development.
If you are unable to pay online, complete the following steps. Keep in mind it will take many weeks for a paper form to be processed and will delay your approval to begin practicum hours.
- Visit www.dhss.mo.gov/FCSR and select "Register Online"
- Click "Registration"
- Click "Registration Forms"
- Click "Worker Registration Form"
- Fill out the form as a student/volunteer and print
- Attach a copy of your social security card and payment.
- Send all documents to Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Family Care Safety Registry, P.O. Box 570, Jefferson City, MO, 65102
Field Experience Coordinators
Carol Pearson (Springfield)
The Coordinator of Field Experiences is the central contact in the School of Education and Child Development (SECD) at Drury University for students and school personnel who have questions about the status of a student teaching or practicum placement.
Please contact Carol Pearson if you are a student completing your practicum experiences through the Springfield campus. To contact Ms. Pearson, please call her at (417) 873-7271 or email at email@example.com.
Nancy Sipes (St. Robert)
Please contact Nancy Sipes if you are a student completing your practicum experiences through the St. Robert campus. To contact Ms. Sipes, please call her at (573) 451-2400 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.