Laurie Edmondson, Ed.D.
Dean of the School of Education and Child Development
Professor of Education
- CORE 104: Drury By Design
- EDUC 212: Professional Preparation for the Field of Teacher Education
- EDUC 385: Secondary School Curriculum
- EDUC 475: Review for Teacher Certification Exam
- EDUC 616: New Teacher Connections
- EDUC 617: Early Career Connections
- EDUC 618: Program Completion
- EDUC 665: Improvement of Reading Instruction
Dr. Laurie Edmondson serves as the Dean of the Drury School of Education and Child Development. She is currently serving as the counselor for the Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society. Before coming to Drury Dr. Edmondson worked as a District Reading Specialist and Instructional Specialist for the Springfield Public Schools. Prior to that, Dr. Edmondson was a Reading Recovery and Early Literacy instructor for many years in the Springfield Public Schools.
Dr. Edmondson has been active in the Springfield chapter of the International Reading Association and served as the president of that organization. Dr. Edmondson is also the Past President of the Missouri State Council of the International Reading Association and serves on the International Rural Literacy Committee for IRA.
Laurie is married and has two young daughters who teach her about life, learning, and happiness.
B.A., Southwest Missouri State University, 1986
MS.Ed., Southwest Missouri State University, 1993
Ed.D., Saint Louis University, 2003
Drury University faculty member since 2003
Professor since 2014