Tuition Remission Opportunity
Drury University and Partner School Alliance
The Drury University and Partner School Alliance partnership framework is based, in part, on the work of Dr. James Comer of the Yale School Development Program. Dr. Comer believed that attention must be paid to educating the whole child. So, along with academics, we strive to make sure the schools are equipped to deal with emotional intelligence, physical well-being, and all of the needs students have in our community. The work of the School Development Program is evident in our program today by the strong relationships we build with our partner schools. Teachers who teach in Drury Partner Schools are encouraged to apply Comer principles and research-based strategies to their classroom practices. Drury University has partnered with schools in our community to offer a tuition remission grant to eligible Master in Education (M.Ed.) students.
The Drury and Partner School Alliance Grant includes:
- An 50% reduction in tuition (does not cover fees),
- Can be applied toward up to 12 credit hours per year (1 June – 31 May),
- For a period of up to three years of an individual’s enrollment in the M.Ed. program.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Fully admitted into the Drury M.Ed. program.
- A student in good standing (i.e., not on probation).
- Currently employed full-time at a participating partner school:
- Boyd Elementary
- McGregor Elementary
- Pipkin Middle School
- Central High School
- Complete the application below on an annual basis. It will be used to verify employment.
- Submit the completed application to email@example.com two weeks prior to the start of classes for the semester of enrollment.