Contest Entry Guidelines
These guidelines will apply to all entries.
ENTRY FEES: A $5.00 per entry fee will be calculated and charged at the event.
ENTRY FORM: Please download and complete an entry form for each contest entry. Bring completed form with you to the conference. For mail-in entries, include this form when entry is mailed. Click Here for the 2013 VidCon Entry Form On Site Format:
All on site entries must be in Quicktime format and submitted on a flash drive. The ONLY file on that flash drive must be the entry. Only one entry per drive allowed. Labels will be provided for the drives. Drop Off (72-Hour) Format:
All 72-hour entries must be in Quicktime format ONLY
. Entries must be submitted on flash drive ONLY.
- QuickTime: Entries may be exported as a QuickTime Movie file (".mov") and burned to a Data DVD
- DVD-disc. Please do not submit entries in DVD-video format. Entries received in DVD-video format may not be screened.
- Mini-DV Tape: Entries submitted on mini-DV tape should start at the beginning of the tape, have 15 seconds of slug before the content begins, and have a minimum of 15 seconds of slug after the end of the content. Please include the DV timecode for the beginning and end of the entry on the entry form.
: All entries must be labeled as follows:
"DEAD ON ARRIVAL" ENTRIES
- Entry Name/"Title"
- Instructor Name
*PLEASE: No graphics or "fancy" type. If using a printer, please use "Arial" or similar simple font. If hand-writing, please print clearly.
: Please check all entries before submission. Entries that cannot be played will be considered "DOA" and will not be judged. DISQUALIFICATION
: In general, judging will avoid disqualifying entries. However, students and instructors should be aware that the following could result in disqualification
- Labeling: Unlabeled entries will not be judged.
- Contest Criteria: Entries must meet all the criteria of the entered contest (i.e. themes, formats, category, etc.)
- Time Limit: Time limits must be strictly observed. A "margin of error" may be given, but considerable time overruns may result in disqualification.
- Content: Students are reminded to create content that is appropriate for screening in front of an audience of students and teachers. Gratuitous use of profanity, violence, sexual content, etc. will result in disqualification.
- YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING YOUR OWN CABLES (FIREWIRE, POWER, ETC.).
- LABEL EVERY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT YOU BRING WITH SCHOOL/INSTRUCTOR.
- ALL FLASH DRIVES WILL BE RETURNED.
- FLASH DRIVES ARE AVAILABLE FOR BORROWING UPON REQUEST
SEND ENTRIES TO:
ATTN: Contest Coordinator
900 N Benton
Springfield MO, 65802