One-Act Playwriting Competition
Drury University is proud to announce its biennial One-Act Playwriting Competition.
Entries due by December 1, 2014
Winning plays will be considered for production by Drury University.
For further information please contact Dr. Mick Sokol (417) 873-6821 or email@example.com.
- The competition is open to all playwrights.
- Scripts are to be original, unpublished and unproduced. Staged readings or workshop productions will not disqualify a script. Musicals, monologues, children’s plays, adaptations, film scripts, and television scripts are ineligible.
- Preference will be given to small cast, one-set shows with running times of no less than 20 minutes and no more than 45 minutes.
- No more than one script can be submitted from a playwright.
- All scripts are to be typewritten and firmly bound.
- For results of your script, please include a self-addressed stamped #10 business envelope or a current e-mail address. Scripts cannot be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope with sufficient postage.
- No written or verbal critiques will be tendered.
- The decision of the judges is final. Drury University reserves the right to produce any of the winning plays royalty-free during our 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 seasons, to withhold production, and to modify cash awards as deemed necessary by the judges.
- Drury University does not assume any responsibility for the loss, damage, or return of scripts. All reasonable care will be taken.
- Deadline for entries is a postmark of December 1, 2014. Plays should not be submitted before May 1, 2014.
- Winners will be notified by mail no later than April 1, 2015.
Address scripts to:
Drury University One-Act Playwriting Competition
c/o Mick Sokol, Associate Professor of Theatre
900 North Benton Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802
Winners of the 2012-2013 contest include:
Hummingbirds by Jeff Carter
Most Amazing Dream by Lizzy Clements
Comeback Special by JJ Strong