Food & Beverage Policy
Drury University is a safe, education-oriented and community-minded campus that maintains an academic and social environment conducive to intellectual and personal development of students and promotes the safety and welfare of all members of the campus community. Drury University prohibits the abuse of food quality provisions by its students, employees and citizens. Drury University will cooperate with authorities in the enforcement of all applicable laws.
The abuse of food quality provisions by Drury students, university employees or Drury citizens is prohibited on university-owned or -controlled property, in conjunction with university-sponsored or -supervised activities, or at any activity or event that an observer would associate with Drury students, university employees or Drury citizens.
This policy has been established to protect the integrity of the educational experience, encourage positive behavior and enhance the community commitment of Drury students, university employees or Drury citizens.
GENERAL FOOD & BEVERAGE GUIDELINES
The following guidelines are applicable to all food & beverages provided in association with Drury University:
- PRIOR APPROVAL: All commercial activity held on the Drury University campus must have the prior approval of the Dean of Students Office and must be sponsored by a registered student organization or a campus department.
- PROFITS: Sponsoring student organizations or campus departments should pre-determine a mutually agreed upon minimum amount or percentage of profits from the vendor.
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE SALES: Food and beverage sales are discouraged in association with vendor sponsorships.
- NON-COMPETITION: Items sold must not compete with any Drury University-based services, such as the Bookstore or Carbon Copy.
- DONATED FOOD: All donated food held on the Drury University campus must have the prior approval of the Dean of Students Office and must be sponsored by a registered student organization or a campus department.
- FUNDRAISERS: Fundraisers involving the sale of food must have the prior approval of the Dean of Students Office and must ensure safe food handling practices to minimize risk.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Sponsoring student organizations or campus departments are responsible for ensuring that food quality complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws, Drury University policies and guidelines.
- FOOD SALE RECOMMENDATIONS: Drury University does not possess the appropriate systems for general campus use for the sale of foods at any event. As these conditions can present a serious risk of liability for student organizations and campus departments, the sale of food should be limited only to non-perishable and pre-packaged foods, (i.e. wrapped candies, bags of chips, cans of soda).
- EVENTS WITH ALCOHOL: Events on campus with alcohol are rarely permitted and must adhere to the Alcohol Policy. Sponsoring groups that wish to have alcohol at events open only to members of their organization or invited guests must complete the Events with Alcohol Registration Form for the event to receive permission for the inclusion of alcohol at the event from the Dean of Students Office. If alcohol is approved at the event, non-salty food and non-alcoholic beverages are required. Non-salty food and non-alcoholic beverage purchases must total at least $1 spent for every 3 event attendees.
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Drury University reserves the right to require third parties participating in or conducting activities to meet additional requirements, including that such parties furnish evidence of insurance coverage acceptable to the university and/or agree to indemnify the university and university personnel against liabilities arising from their acts or omissions.
- EVENT SHUTDOWN: Drury University reserves the right to disband any and all events held on university property without notice.
DRURY UNIVERSITY CATERING INFORMATION
Student organizations and campus departments receive a discount on all Aladdin Food Services catering as long as catering orders are placed using a Drury budget number prior to the event.
FOOD & BEVERAGE GUIDELINES VIOLATION SANCTIONS
Violators of this policy will be subject to sanctions ranging