The Olin Library is a repository for the information essential to the pursuit of knowledge by the Drury community. It provides timely access to the information resources that support the academic and administrative needs of the university. The library seeks to create an infrastructure for effective information delivery and to teach skills that enhance academic success and lifelong learning. Through its collections, information access services, and an environment conducive to learning, the library enriches the life of the Drury community and advances the university’s educational mission.
Off-Campus Library Services (OCLS)
This service works to provide seamless access for off-campus faculty and students to the resources and services of the Olin Library.
The goal of the Olin Library is to provide Drury satellite branch students and faculty with the same level of library access and service provided to on-campus students and faculty. It is recommended that all students and faculty use the Olin Library website at http://library.drury.edu as the gateway to library information resources and services.
Library services available:
- Prompt delivery of books, articles and videos owned by the Olin Library
- Online interlibrary loan for materials owned by other libraries
- Research assistance at the library’s reference desk
- Research consultations scheduled with individual members of the library faculty
- Research assistance via email or phone
- Online research guides called DUGuides that cover a range of disciplines and subjects
- Library instruction sessions customized to specific courses and assignments
- Access from on or off campus to an array of research-oriented electronic indexes and full text databases
- Drury students may use their Drury ID card to use all resources in other academic libraries in the Springfield area
- Drury students may use their ID card in any MOBIUS library to check out books
The purpose of Interlibrary Loan is to borrow books and obtain articles from journals not held in Olin Library for Drury University students, faculty, staff and alumni. There is no cost for Interlibrary Loan.
Methods for requesting these items:
- Interlibrary loan form on the library’s website under “Services”
- Email requests at firstname.lastname@example.org that include comprehensive information about the item being requested
- Request forms built into a large number of electronic databases
- Drury – Search for 180,000 unique titles held by the Olin Library, and thousands of electronic book titles
- SWAN – Search for 1.4 million unique titles in the joint catalog of ten libraries in Southwest Missouri: Drury University, Missouri State University, Southwest Baptist University, Ozarks Technical Community College, Baptist Bible College, the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, Missouri Southern University, Crowder College and Cottey College. These books may be requested online for delivery by courier.
- MOBIUS – Search for nearly 7 million unique titles in the joint catalog of 64 academic libraries in Missouri. These books may be requested online for delivery by courier.
- Springfield-Greene County Library – Search the catalog of the public library as well as the catalogs of the Ozarks Genealogical Society and the Landers Theater. All Drury students are eligible for public library cards. SGCL books may also be found through MOBIUS and requested for delivery by courier.
- Evangel University – Drury students may use their Drury ID card to check books out from Evangel and to use their electronic resources.
Through the library website at library.drury.edu, the F. W. Olin Library provides access to more than 70 databases that index thousands of scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers, with many articles delivered in full-text. Library databases also offer images, music files, business profiles, reference materials, ebooks, and more.
A writing center staffed by a qualified faculty member and student tutors provides assistance to individual students of all levels. More information at http://www.drury.edu/writing-center.
On the Springfield campus, students have access to computer labs located in Springfield Hall, open 24 hours a day, and Olin Library. An active Drury email account and password are required to access the computers.