Room Change Process
Students who wish to change housing assignments should submit a Room Change Request form. You will be contacted by a Residence Life staff member shortly to discuss your situation. The Offices of Residence Life & Student Conduct and the Office of Housing will make final decisions about student housing and room changes.
Four basic criteria must be met for a room change to occur:
- Student(s) involved have completed the Conflict Resolution Process
- Vacant space is available or a roommate swap is possible
- The Residence Life/Housing Office has approved the change by issuing a Room Change Approval form.
- Students who will be affected by the room change have signed the Room Change Approval form.
After receiving your Room Change Approval from your RD, contact potential roommate(s) to find out whether you might be a good match. If you do not have a roommate in mind, the Housing office can provide you with options (FSC 120). Once you have found acceptable roommates:
- Have all students affected by the room change sign the Room Change Approval form and submit it to your Residence/Area Director or the Housing office.
- Check your Drury email account for your new housing assignment and date by which to move.
- Contact your Residence/Area Director to set up an appointment to checkout of your current room.
- Contact an RA/CA in your new location to check in to your new room for reassignment. Should a room change become necessary, refer to the Room Change Process.