Skip Site Navigation

Room Change Process

The Offices of Residence Life & Student Conduct and the Office of Housing will make final decisions about student housing and room changes.
Four basic criteria must be met for a room change to occur:

  1. Student(s) involved have completed the Conflict Resolution Process
  2. Vacant space is available
  3. Students who will be affected by the room change have signed the Room Change Request Form
  4. The Residence Life/Housing Office has approved the change.

Students can access the Room Change Request form, or print one from

Contact potential roommate(s) to find out whether you might be a good match. Once you have found an acceptable roommate(s), complete the Room Change Request Form:

  1. Have all students affected by the room change sign the Room Change Request form and submit the completed Room Change Request form to your Residence/Area Director
  2. Check your Drury email account for your new housing assignment and date by which to move
  3. Contact your Residence/Area Director to set up an appointment to checkout of your current room
  4. Contact an RA/CA in your new location to check in to your new room for reassignment. Should a room change become necessary, refer to the Room Change Process.