Active Shooter Plan
The Drury University Active Shooter Plan has been developed to ensure the safety of Drury University faculty, staff and students. It is the responsibility of all persons to read this plan and periodically review it in order to know what to do in case of an active shooter.
- Evacuate – Have an escape route and plan in mind, leave your belongings behind and keep your hands visible. When safe to do so call 911 and Drury Safety Security at 873-7911.
- Hide Out – Hide in an area out of the active shooter’s view. Lock and barricade the doors. Try to remain out of sight and behind a substantial structure.
- Take Action – As a LAST RESORT and only when your life is in imminent danger, attempt to incapacitate the active shooter. Act with physical aggression and throw items at the active shooter.
- When Police are clearing the building, keep your hands in the air and clearly visible.
- CALL 911 WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO