Caps & Gowns
All graduates must pay in full all business office balances before they may pick up caps and gowns.
All participants in commencement wear the gown, cap, tassel and hood (for Masters students) provided by the university. The regalia is to be adorned in keeping with the following guidelines:
- Members of Mortar Board may wear the stole corresponding to that honor society.
- Students who have studied abroad may wear the badge in recognition thereof.
- Students may wear cords available from organizations and societies who recognize student membership and achievement during their time at the university.
Please wear your tassel on the right. It should remain on that side throughout the ceremony.
Men should remove their caps in keeping with the President of the university: As he removes and replaces his cap, please do so also. Women may wear their caps throughout the ceremony.
Graduates should dress appropriately for the commencement ceremony. Formal dress is appreciated.
Regalia Pick-up and Return
Gowns, caps and tassels are distributed from Wednesday-Friday of commencement week, as well as on the day of the ceremony. Gowns, caps, tassels and hoods may be kept.
All students are assessed a graduation fee prior to commencement.
- For undergraduate students earning the Bachelors or Associates degree, the fee is $60.
- For undergraduate students earning a Masters in Architecture degree, the fee is $85.
- For graduate students earning Masters degrees, the fee is $85.
Fees are payable online or in-person at Student Financial Services.