Self-Assessment: Are Online Classes Right for Me?
Online courses are designed to be more convenient for your lifestyle and to help you manage your time more effectively in order to help you accomplish your academic goals and professional dreams.
The following statements will help you determine whether online courses fit your academic needs. If you are in agreement with six of the eight statements below, then you should succeed in the online environment.
I have strong English reading and writing skills.
- I feel comfortable expressing my ideas, comments, and questions in writing.
- I feel that I have the self-discipline needed to learn without face-to-face interaction with my instructor and classmates.
- I have an interest in developing “virtual” partnerships with faculty members and classmates at a distance.
- I am willing to dedicate the same amount of time and effort or more to an online class that I would to a classroom-based course.
- I have the necessary time-management skills that would enable me to balance online coursework with my professional and personal responsibilities.
- I am able to meet deadlines and participate in discussions in my online course.
- Convenience and flexibility are essential to me in pursuit of my studies.
We wish you success in the exciting world of online learning!