Other VA Benefit programs
In addition to the Post 9/11 GI Bill, several other VA educational benefit programs are available based on eligibility requirements. These include:
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
- Chapter 31 - Disabled Veterans/Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill - Reserve/Guard
- Chapter 1607 REAP - Reserve/Guard called to active duty after 9/11/2001
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)
A comprehensive comparison of education programs can be found on the VA website: www.gibill.va.gov
For information about Chapter 31 and how to apply: http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/index.htm
VetSuccess is VA's Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program and includes Chapter 31. For more information: www.VetSuccess.gov.
Apply for benefits at www.gibill.va.gov under VONAPP. Chapters 30, 1606, 1607 use VA Form 22-1990. Chapter 35 applicants use VA Form 22-5490.
If you have previously used your benefits at another school you will need to complete a Change of Program or Place of Training. Chapters 30, 1606, 1607 use VA Form 22-1995. Chapter 35 use VA Form 22-5495.