(If you are under a different catalog year, please view the catalog for your respective year.)
Official admission to the Breech School of Business Administration is required to enroll in any upper-division course (numbered 300 or 400) with prefixes of ACCT, BADM, CISQ, ECON, FINC, MGMT, or MKTG.
To be admitted to the Breech School of Business Administration, a student must:
1. Be officially admitted to Drury University.
2. Complete a formal application to the Breech School of Business Administration, declaring the major and area of concentration the student intends to pursue.
3. Have completed at least 42 hours of college level credit, including a minimum of 12 semester credit hours at Drury University.
4. Have completed all of the following preparatory courses (or their transfer equivalents) with a minimum grade of "C-" in each of the following courses:
ACCT 209: Principles of Accounting
GSTU 210: Desktop Applications
CISQ 250: Management Information Systems
ECON 210: Principles of Microeconomics
ECON 211: Principles of Macroeconomics
MATH 201: Mathematics for Social Sciences
MATH 227: Introduction to Statistics
5. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on all Drury University coursework.
A student not achieving the 2.75 overall GPA, or not achieving the required grades of C- in the preparatory courses listed above, or not completing at least 42 hours of college-level credit hours a Drury University, may be granted up to two (2) semesters of conditional admission to the Breech School. Conditional admission cannot be granted to a student not achieving both the required GPA and a minimum grade of C- in the specified preparatory courses.
During the semester(s) of conditional admission, the student will be expected to meet all requirements for full admission. The student, subject to advisor approval, may enroll in a total of 13 hours of upper-division Breech School coursework during the terms of conditional admission. Prior to registration, students are required to complete the Permission to Enroll in Upper-Division Breech School Courses Form with their academic advisor.
Students Majoring in Non-Breech School Major/Minors:
Students who must enroll in a Breech School 300 or 400 level offering to fulfill requirements of a program NOT offered through the Breech School of Business Administration may be exempted from this admission policy, provided they have completed all other specific prerequisites for the course. Prior to registration, students are required to complete the Permission to Enroll in Upper-Division Breech School Courses Form with their academic advisor.