Transfer Student Policy

Drury maintains a policy that a student from a regionally accredited college may apply for admission as a transfer student. The student should be in good standing with the previous college attended and eligible to return to that institution.

In addition to the required application, the transfer applicant is required to submit:

  1. Official transcripts from each college previously attended.
  2. Proof of high school completion.

Statements concerning the possibility of transfer and the applicability of specific credit toward any of the degree programs at Drury are made after thorough study of the official credentials.

Credit for courses equivalent to those at Drury University may be transferred if the student has earned a “C” or better in the course, and then only if the course is applicable to a degree program at Drury University.

To be eligible for a baccalaureate degree, transfer students must complete at least the senior year, the last 30 semester hours, in residence. To be eligible for an associate degree, transfer students must complete the last 15 hours in residence.

A transfer student who has completed 30 hours of previous credit must immediately apply for admission to continuing studies (18 hours for associate degree candidates).

A maximum of 31 hours are applicable toward a bachelor’s degree resulting from credit awarded from any combination of extension or correspondence coursework, proficiency testing, military courses, credit from successful completion of College Level Examination Program (CLEP) examinations, and Dantes examinations. Military personnel who have completed one year of active duty may receive an award of four semester hours for physical education. Military personnel who have completed two years of active duty may receive an award of eight semester hours for physical education, first aid and personal health.

Those students who have obtained an Associate of Arts degree from a regionally accredited two-year college will be awarded 42 semester hours of general education and enter with junior year status in the Bachelor of Science program.

Any student who has previously attended another institution of higher education but fails to include such information in the application for admission to Drury continuing studies thereby forfeits the right to be a Drury student.

While a student is working toward a degree at Drury University, prior approval is required before enrolling at any other institution for any coursework for which the student would receive transfer credit.