Science Undergraduate Research Symposium (SURS)
Drury University's chapters of Beta Beta Beta, American Chemical Society, Sigma Pi Sigma, and the Society of Physics Students are calling for students to submit an abstract of their research for presentation at the Undergraduate Research Symposium held on the second Friday in April each spring. Abstract submissions:
- must be from original research conducted by a Drury student in a science discipline (biology, chemistry, environmental science, exercise sports science, physics),
- should be between 250-300 words in length and must include a sentence stating the study objective, a brief statement of methodology, a summary of the results obtained, and a sentence stating the conclusions.
- will only be accepted by using our on-line submission form,
- must be submitted no later than 5pm on the second Friday of March,
- will be used to select presenters by a Symposium Committee based on project and abstract quality.
Abstracts will be approved for acceptance by the Symposium Committee. Research accepted for presentation in the Symposium can have been done at Drury or another institution/organization, should be of high academic quality, and will be eligible for up to three awards for best student research based on project quality and communication skills. Award winners will each receive a one-year subscription to a scientific journal and a gift card to either Bruno’s Italian Restaurant in Springfield, MO or Amazon.com.
Each accepted abstract will be allotted 15 minutes for oral presentation including time for questions. Multimedia equipment will be available. All questions should be directed to Kevin Jansen.