Science Undergraduate Research Symposium (SURS)
Drury University’s chapter of Beta Beta Beta is calling for students to submit an abstract of their research for presentation at the Undergraduate Research Symposium. Abstract submissions
- must be from original research conducted by a Drury student in a science discipline (biology, chemistry, environmental biology, exercise physiology, physics),
- should be between 250-300 words in length and must include a sentence stating the study objective, a brief statement of methodology, a summary of the results obtained, and a sentence stating the conclusion,
- will only be accepted from the online form
- must be submitted no later than April 1, 2019,
- will be used to select presenters by a Symposium Committee based on project and abstract quality.
Abstracts will be approved for acceptance by the Symposium Committee. Research accepted for presentation in the Symposium can have been completed at Drury or another institution/ organization, should be of high academic quality, and will be eligible for up to three awards for best student research based on project quality and communication skills.
Each accepted abstract will be allotted 15 minutes for oral presentation including time for questions. Multimedia equipment will be available. All questions should be directed to either Carina Collins or Megan Ealy.