Drury on C-Street's Renovated Gallery hosts "Chromatic Pop Series"
This past summer was an opportunity to renovate the space in order to accommodate the ever-growing attendance and demand for space.
As part of its renovation, the Drury on C-Street has been rearranged so that the gallery portion of the space is located in the front and the Harriet Mears Weaving Studio is located towards the back near the Edward Jones Business Resource Center. Other changes also include newly painted drywall sections covering the existing walls of the gallery and the refurbishing of existing furniture.
The raw materials for the project were acquired with a budget of $600 and funds from an anonymous donor. With volunteered help from the arts administration director, Rebecca Miller, the renovations were finished during summer. Other Drury University professors who volunteered:
- Dr. Steve Mullins, Professor of Economics & Associate Dean of the Breech School of Business
- Dr. Tom Russo, Professor of Art and Art History & Associate Dean for Study Aboard/Internatioal Programs
- Dr. Regina Waters, Dean of the College of Graduate Studies & Professor of Communication
- Dr. Natalie Wlodarczyk, Associate Professor & Director of the Music Therapy Program
- Iván Garnica, graduate assistant of Arts Administration Program.
The Drury on C-Street will continue to host monthly exhibitions featuring emerging and renown artists. The space will be open for viewing on Fridays from 1 - 5 pm and Saturday mornings from 10 am - 2 pm. For more information of upcoming events, click the Facebook or Instagram accounts below.