Rebecca Miller, M.F.A.
Associate Professor of Art & Art History
Director of Arts Administration Program Art & Art History Program Chair
Rebecca Miller is an Associate Professor and Program Chair for Art, Art History and the Arts Administration programs, as well as serving as the Director of the Pool Art Center Gallery and Drury on C-Street Gallery.
Rebecca teaches introductory and practicum arts administration courses as well as all levels of silver based photography, alternative photographic processes, digital photography, commercial photography, and the history of photography.
Rebecca’s mixed media photographic works range in concept from abuses of power and civil debate, especially in regards to the natural environment and American politics. She is also interested in architectural photography and has done a number of extensive documentary series of construction and demolition projects on Drury’s campus including the Pool Art Center, Tindle Mills and the O’Reilly Family Event Center.
B.F.A., Kansas City Art Institute, 1993
M.F.A., Florida State University, 1998
Drury University faculty member since 2003
Associate Professor since 2009
Awards & Honors
Faculty Award for Liberal Learning, 2013
Drury Magazine Articles
- March for Our Lives. Disruption. Fall 2018.
- Capturing Light with the Photogram Process. Ever Wonder? March 2013.
Rebecca's works have been shown in multiple publications including CreativPaper Magazine, Studio Visit Magazine, Ready-Made Magazine, 417 Magazine and The International Review of African American Art. Her mixed media and photographic works have been shown in over sixty museums and galleries for international and national, juried and invitational, solo and group exhibitions including:
- Art Association of Harrisburg, Harrisburg, PA
- Associated Artists of Winston-Salem, Winston- Salem, NC
- Atrium Gallery at the Mitchell Museum, Trinidad, CO
- Ben Shahn Galleries of William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ
- Boca Raton Museum of Art, Boca Raton, FL
- Bowery Gallery, New York, NY
- Buddy Holly Center, Lubbock, TX
- Center for Fine Art Photography, Fort Collins, CO
- Central Arts Collective, Tucson, AZ
- Ceres Gallery, New York, NY
- Charles P. Mitchell Vineyards, Fairplay, CA
- Chautauqua Center for the Visual Arts, Chautauqua, NY
- Cooperstown Art Association, Cooperstown, NY
- DeLand Museum of Art, DeLand, FL
- Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA
- Florida State Capitol Building. Tallahassee, FL
- Fredericksburg Center for the Creative Arts, Fredericksburg, VA
- James Baird Gallery, St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
- Kansas City Artists Coalition Charno Gallery, Kansas City, MO
- Lancaster Museum of Art, Lancaster, PA
- Long Beach Arts, Long Beach, CA
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Maryland Federation of Art, Annapolis, MD
- Missouri State Capitol Building, Jefferson City, MO
- Monmouth Museum, Lincroft, NJ
- Orange County Center for Contemporary Art, Santa Ana, CA
- Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS
- Printmaking Council of New Jersey, Somerville, NJ
- Robert and Mary Montgomery Armory Art Center, West Palm Beach, FL
- Sacramento Fine Arts Center Galleries, Carmichael, CA
- Springfield-Branson National Airport, Springfield, MO
- Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, MO
- Society of the Four Arts, West Palm Beach, FL
- South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA
- Southwest Missouri State University, Springfield, MO
- St. Louis Design Center, St. Louis, MO
- Stepping Stone Gallery, Huntington, NY
- Texas Artists Museum, Port Arthur, TX
- Turchin Center for the Visual Arts, Boone, NC
- Turning Point Gallery, Washington D.C.
- Urban Institute for Contemporary Art, Grand Rapids, MI
- Walsh Gallery at Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ