Todd Lowery, M.F.A.
Professor of Art & Art History
- ARTZ 111: Foundations of Studio and Design
- ARTZ 230: Painting I
- ARTZ 301: Advanced Studio: Painting
- ARTZ 330: Painting II
- CORE 101: Drury Seminar
- CORE 103: Drury Explorations
Todd Lowery received his MFA from School of Visual Arts in NYC with an emphasis in painting and installation art. His work is exhibited nationally and internationally.
He works in a variety of media, primarily painting and drawing, as well as installation, sculpture, and photography. His public work includes "The Sounds of Springfield", a mural designed and painted as part of the downtown Springfield mural project.
Todd teaches Foundations of Studio and Design, Drawing, Figure Drawing, Painting I & II, Praxis, Apex (Senior Capstone), and a variety of Advanced Studio courses.
Prior to joining Drury, Todd worked as a graphic designer for Raven Press Publishing in NYC, Heer's Department stores, and as a freelance designer and illustrator.
B.F.A., Southwest Missouri State University, 1988
M.F.A., School of Visual Arts (New York City), 1993.
Drury University faculty member since 2002
Professor since 2016
Awards & Honors:
- Todd was asked to deliver Drury University's Winter 2003 Commencement speech.
- In 2004, he was honored with Drury's faculty award for Outstanding Teaching.