Effective Professional Training
An educational program must be measured primarily by its success in helping students to achieve professional goals. Drury’s Hammons School of Architecture provides an extremely effective preparation for successful practice. And this effectiveness is achieved with great efficiency: most students graduate with an M.Arch. in only 5 years, rather than the national average of 6 years.
- Our graduates pass the Architect Registration Exam at a rate that is 10% higher than the national average.
- Student success is supported by highly qualified faculty with broad backgrounds. Over 80% of our faculty are licensed architects. All have terminal degrees in their fields, and over 30% hold Ph.Ds. Faculty are design-competition winners, and are published scholars and exhibited creative artists. They have been awarded grants from the Graham Foundation for Advanced Research in the Humanities, the TKF Foundation, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, and the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation.
- HSA alumni have found success in diverse settings; alumni are currently in 41 states and 16 foreign countries.
- Alumni have won top national honors, including election to the exclusive AIA College of Fellows, national AIA Young Architect recognition, and LEED Fellow designation. Alumni design work has been recognized by awards from the American Institute of Architects, AIA Central States, and AIA New York.
- HSA graduates have high rates of employment and often obtain leadership positions in offices. Of students graduating in 2013 and 2014, 85% are employed in architecture and related fields.