Match Madness: The O’Reilly, Wooten & Stout Families Challenge
Be part of this year’s O’Reilly, Wooten & Stout Families Match Madness at Drury. Pick a winning team. To enter, all you have to do is donate $1,000 to the Annual Drury Experience Fund. Your donation will be matched and you win a chance to get a Drury University scholarship awarded in your name.
It’s all part of the O’Reilly, Wooten and Stout Families Match Madness Challenge. They will match each $1,000 donation to the Match Madness Challenge, dollar for dollar, up to $100,000. That means we have a chance to raise $200,000 in merit and need-based scholarships for qualified Drury students. We simply need 100, $1,000 donations in less than two weeks. The clock starts now.
The farther your team advances in the tournament, the better your chances of having a scholarship named in your honor. But, this is one tournament that has no losers. Whether your team advances or not, everyone’s a winner as all money raised goes to support the Annual Drury Experience Fund and a chance to give the gift of a Drury education.
Already registered but still need to make your gift? Please visit the donation portal here.
How it Works
- Pick one team each from the Division 1 Men’s and Women’s tournament that you believe will be crowned the 2018 NCAA basketball champion.
Men's Bracket Women's Bracket
- The minimum donation to enter is $1,000 [includes one men’s team pick and one women’s team pick].
- You can enter individually or be part of a 2, 3 or 4-person team. Regardless, the minimum donation for each entry is $1,000.
- If your team (men’s or women’s) makes it to the Sweet 16 or beyond, your name is entered into a drawing for a named annual scholarship:
- If both teams advance, you will have two entries for the drawing. If only one advances, you will have one entry. For those with two entries, you are only eligible to win once in any given drawing.
- Once your name is selected, you are not available to be part of subsequent drawings. However, anyone who has entered a team that wins the championship will be re-entered into the final drawing and a chance to win the $26,000, full tuition named scholarship.
- If your name is selected, a student scholarship will be awarded in your name or the name of your team. For example, if your name is drawn at the Final Four level, the “Bob Smith Trustee Scholarship” or if you’re part of a two-person team and your team name is drawn at the Elite 8 level, the ”Smith-Jones Dean’s Scholarship”.
- The named scholarship will be for a one-year term to be awarded in the 2018-19 academic year.
- We will draw names and announce winners live on the Drury Alumni Facebook page after each tournament level noted above.
Rules & Guiding Principles
- To stack the deck, yes, you can make as many donations [aka team entries] as you like.
- You are allowed to call-a-friend or solicit input on which teams are most likely to win.
- Going with your heart instead of your head is always an option. Since the money all goes to support student scholarships, you won’t feel badly if your team is out in the first round.
- Gloating, razzing, wallowing, smirking, rejoicing is allowed.
- Encouraging your friends, colleagues, family to participate is also allowed…in fact, it’s encouraged.
- To make a donation and submit your entry register your team at drury.edu/matchmadness or call (417) 873-7320.
- All entries must be submitted by 8:00 a.m., March 17th
- We will draw the winning names via Facebook Live the day after each tournament level concludes.
- We will have a running leaderboard on drury.edu/matchmadness to allow everyone to keep up with tournament and Match-Madness results.
All O’Reilly, Wooten & Stout Match Madness Challenge scholarships are unrestricted and will be awarded to students by Drury University – Office of Financial Aid.
All monies received are donations to the Annual Drury Experience Fund and are non-refundable.
Limitation on Liability: Drury University (“Sponsor”) assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of Match Madness; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of the cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of Match Madness; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless services, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in Match Madness.
If, for any reason, Match Madness is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of Match Madness, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Match Madness in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediate suspend all drawings and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining naming rights in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and released parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with Match Madness.
Exclusion: Sponsor does not take part in, nor allow, any gambling in violation of Missouri Law. To the extent that any provision of this charitable social event is determined to consist of illegal gambling, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Match Madness in whole or in part. Sponsor’s employees, students, and parents of Sponsor’s student athletes are not eligible to participate.
Miscellaneous: The opportunity to name a scholarship through this challenge has no monetary value to the donor. Per NCAA regulation 10.02.1 et seq, no value is being exchanged in the course of this challenge. Participants may not exchange anything of value in any way through this challenge, as Wagering of any kind is strictly prohibited. Scholarships will be awarded in accordance with relevant financial aid regulations and university procedures. Sponsor reserves the right to provide additional guidance and clarification