Drury Women's Auxiliary
Drury Women's Auxiliary promotes friendship, fellowship and supporting the interests of Drury University with particular emphasis on funding scholarships to Drury women students.
The historical records of Drury University reveal that the Drury Women’s Auxiliary began in 1906 under the fourth President, J. Edward Kirbye.
The Auxiliary acted as an advocate for the interest of women on campus. As the contributions have changed over the years, the core value of “…. Helping women students” has remained constant.
The first president of the Drury Women Auxiliary was Alice Thrasher, who was also the first woman to become a Trustee of Drury College.
- Each year we have an average of 140 members.
- A majority of members reside in Springfield and the surrounding area.
- The DWA has diverse membership in age, interests and professions.
- The Auxiliary provides valuable opportunities for mentoring and networking.
- DWA has dispensed more than $200,000 in scholarships for Drury women students.
What does it cost me?
- Drury Women’s Auxiliary Membership Fees are $65.00 annually, including:
- $20 to DWA dues
- $20 to care kits (finals week fundraiser support to benefit Drury students)
- $25 donation to the DWA Endowed Scholarship (you will receive a donation acknowledgement letter)
When do we meet?
There are business meetings each year, plus a fall kick-off.
- September (DWA fall kick-off)
- December (Holiday Luncheon)
- March or April
How do I join?
Drury Women's Auxiliary is open to any woman who wishes to support our DWA mission and Drury University. Many Drury Alumnae, Drury mothers and Drury friends are members of DWA; you do not have to be a Drury Alumnae to be involved. New members will be accepted after attending a meeting, filling out an application form and paying their annual dues. If you would like an application, please apply online.
Finals Week Care Packages
For over thirty years the Drury Women’s Auxiliary has had a tradition of preparing Finals Week Care Packages for students to enjoy during finals week. The “package” serves as a reminder from home to students that their family is thinking of them and supporting them as they finish up their semester. The kit includes a variety of snack items such as fruit, cheese, Kind bars, almonds, water, and even coupons to nearby eating establishments.
Drury Women's Auxiliary Member Information
Members - Please refer to your email for the password to get to the online directory.