Application & Admission Steps
- 1. Apply to Drury University
- 2. Submit Supporting Documents
- 3. File Your FAFSA
- 4. Choose & Secure Your Campus Housing
- 5. Complete Pre-Registration for Fall Classes
- 6. Review Your Financial Aid Award Letter
- 7. Accept Your Financial Aid Award
- 8. Register for Freshman First Day
- 9. Welcome to Drury!
Apply to Drury University
Visit drury.edu/apply to submit your application to Drury University.
Submit Supporting Documents
Contact your admissions representative to find out the status of your application.
Make sure you have submitted the following:
- Official Transcripts
- Official ACT/SAT scores
- Personal essay
File Your FAFSA
What are you waiting for? Now is the time! The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is now available and can be filled out online at FAFSA.gov (Drury Code: 002461).
Family Circumstances and the aid that colleges and universities offer can vary greatly. By filling out the FAFSA, you're taking one more step towards ensuring that the financial aid package you receive is truly comprehensive and maximized.
The FAFSA allows you to estimate your taxes-If there is little volatility in the way your taxes are filed and the income(s) involved, it's better to go forward with an estimation than to wait to file later. Financial aid is dispersed on a first come, first served, basis, so it benefits an applicant to file as early as possible.
Let us help you out. It's not always easy to fill out the FAFSA and chances are highly probable that we've come across the issue or question that you're considering. Ask for one of the admission counselors at (417) 873-7205.
Choose & Secure Your Campus Housing
Housing matters! When you've made the decision to come to Drury, it's important to let us know your housing and roommate preferences to better serve you! Whether it's Sunderland, Wallace, or Smith Hall, submitting your housing contract and deposit ($300) helps us to begin the matching process and initiates the fall class, pre-registration period.
- View information about housing options, take virtual tours, review floor plans and more at drury.edu/housing.
- Once you've selected your preferred housing, submit the Housing Contract.
- Submit your housing and tuition deposit online at drury.edu/deposit. Your student ID number can be found at the top of your acceptance letter
Complete Pre-Registration for Fall Classes
Beginning February 1, students who are admitted and have paid the tuition and housing deposits ($100 tuition deposit and $200 housing deposit if you plan to live on campus) will receive materials about registration for the first semester of classes and information about degree requirements. So if you have submitted your deposit, you should be receiving information soon!
The Office of Academic Planning builds a first-semester class schedule that will help you achieve educational goals, without the stress that sometimes accompanies the registration process. It is important to discuss your academic plans and interests with your parents before replying to the request for information using the online questionnaire.
Once we receive your questionnaire, a team of academic advisors will review the information and build a schedule for you. You can then expect to receive an email sent to your Drury email account in early June that lists your fall course schedule and an explanation of the degree requirements.
Review Your Financial Aid Award Letter
Soon you will be receiving (if you haven’t already) a Financial Aid Award Letter from Drury University. The packet will have information regarding tuition and fees, the scholarships you will receive from us, and any financial aid you may qualify for from the federal government (reminder: if you haven’t filed the FAFSA yet, do so now!). The packet will give you peace of minding knowing that a Drury education is not only a great option, but an affordable option.
Once you receive your award letter, you or your parents may have questions. Your admission representative’s contact information will be included in the award packet. Please feel free to call them or our admission office at (417) 873-7205 – we are more than happy to help answer any questions you may have.
In the meantime, you can learn more about Drury financial aid at drury.edu/fa.
Accept Your Financial Aid Award
Now is the time to accept your awards!
- Log into MyDrury with your username and password. If you do not know this information, contact the Help Desk at (417) 873-7300.
- Click the Financial Aid tab near the top of the screen.
- Click "My Award Info" on the left side of the page.
- From this screen, you have several options:
- Click the "Awards" tabs to view your financial aid awards for the year.
- Click the "Accept Awards" tab to accept the financial aid package offered to you for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Click the "Documents" tab to see which documents (ie: FAFSA, verification paperwork, loan applications) the Financial Aid office has received and which ones they need to process your aid.
Register for Freshman First Day
Friday, June 24, 2016 is Freshman First Day!
In late April, you will receive an invitation in the mail for Freshman First Day. Throughout the day, you and your family will have the chance to meet with faculty, staff, current administrators, and current Drury students. You will also meet your pre-assigned CORE 101 professor and classmates for the first time. This is a great opportunity to meet your roommates and ask questions to staff members in the departments of housing, financial aid, financial services, admissions, Greek life, technology services and much more!
All incoming freshmen need to respond whether or not they will be in attendance no later than Friday, June 10, 2016.
Curious about the day? You can view the schedule of events at drury.edu/ffd.
Welcome to Drury!
You are now all set for move in day! If you have any questions along the way make sure to contact your admissions counselor.