Requirements for Graduation
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with Honors
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Honors
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Bachelor of Music Therapy
- Master of Architecture
To be recommended for one of the degrees listed above, a candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
- The successful completion of the required minimum number of credit hours (124 hours for Bachelor of Arts, 168 for Master of Architecture). See other programs for minimum credit hours required.
- At the time of graduation the average cumulative grade must be at least C (2.0).
- Completion of all core curriculum (general education) requirements.
- The successful completion of a major (study-in-depth).
- A student shall be required to complete at least 24 but no more than 36 hours in a major field of study (discipline), as the department requires (with the exception of the Master of Architecture, and certain interdisciplinary programs).
- The major shall require not fewer than three semester hours of senior seminar or research.
- The major must be approved by the faculty advisor and the chair of the respective academic department, and the declaration of major(s) and minor(s) must be filed in the registrar’s office prior to the completion of 60 credit hours of coursework.
- Students may complete up to 3 majors and 3 minors. Courses may be taken that are common to and included in the hours required for multiple majors and minors, as long as a minimum number of hours is completed in the combined areas. The minimum number of required unique hours for multiple majors and minors shall be the sum of the university minimum required hours (24 for majors, 15 for minors) for the combined majors and minors, minus three hours times the number of majors/minors.
For example: a double major requires a minimum of 42 unique hours, a triple major requires a minimum of 63 unique hours; a double major plus a minor requires a minimum of 54 unique hours; a single major plus a double minor requires a minimum of 45 unique hours. Any number of courses may overlap and any course may be used any number of times, as long as the student completes the minimum required number of unique hours.
- At least 36 hours of the total number of hours required for graduation must be in upper-division courses (courses numbered in the 300s and 400s).
- The last 30 semester hours must be taken in residence. (The last 60 hours for the Master of Architecture must be in residence.)
- All candidates for degrees are expected to be present at the commencement exercises. To participate in commencement exercises, students must have completed all degree requirements.
The responsibility for understanding and meeting graduation requirements rests entirely with the student.