Drury University Accolades
Drury University continues to receive national and international recognition. Here's a quick look at some of our most recent accomplishments.
U.S. News & World Report Rankings
Drury is ranked No. 8 on the U.S. News list for best value among Midwest regional universities. U.S. News joins other national publications such as Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and Washington Monthly in recognizing the value of a Drury education for lifelong success.
More broadly, Drury was also named among the top schools in the Midwest on the U.S. News “Best Regional Universities” list. Drury earned high marks for its ability to deliver personalized attention to students, thanks to a student-to-faculty ratio of 12 to 1 and small class sizes. Nearly two-thirds of Drury’s classes have less than 20 students and 99 percent of classes have less than 50 students.
U.S. News editors also singled out Drury as the kind of school where students who display “spirit, individuality and seriousness of purpose” are able to grow and thrive thanks to its engaging student life and rewarding academic atmosphere.
Additionally, Drury was listed as one of the Top 10 Midwest Regional Universities with the highest percentage of international students (10 percent).
Princeton Review "Best in the Midwest" University
The Princeton Review has named Drury University one the best colleges in the Midwest in its website feature “2017 Best Colleges Region by Region.”
Kiplinger's Personal Finance Best Value Private University
Kiplinger’s Personal Finance named Drury a top 100 best value private university for 2016.
Best College for Veterans: U.S. News & World Report
Drury is ranked No. 3 in the Midwest in U.S. News & World Report's 2014 Best Colleges for Veterans. The rankings are determined by the university's participation in federal initiatives to help veterans and active service members apply, pay for and complete their degrees.
Princeton Review's Guide to Green Colleges
In 2014, Drury was named in "The Princeton Review's Guide to 311 Green Colleges" for the fifth year in a row. This recognition identifies the nation's most environmentally responsible colleges. The criteria for inclusion focuses on institutions that have demonstrated an above average commitment to sustainability in terms of campus infrastructure, activities and initiatives.
Institute of International Education
Drury is ranked as a top producer of Fulbright Scholars by the Institute of International Education.
Victory Media named Drury a Military Friendly School: in the top 20 percent of colleges in the country that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans and spouses.
National Survey of Student Engagement
The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) tracks how motivated and challenged students are, based on surveys of 135,000 students at more than 600 colleges and universities. Drury was awarded high marks in the survey, compared to other master's universities.
The Policy Center on the First Year of College: Institutions of Excellence
Drury is one of 13 colleges and universities nationwide chosen as “Institutions of Excellence in the First College Year” by The Policy Center on the First Year of College.
American Colleges and Universities
Drury was honored for its commitment to global education when it was named on the Association of American Colleges and Universities list of More Reasons for Hope: Diversity Matters in Higher Education. One of 32 institutions selected for the honor, Drury was recognized for its former Global Perspectives 21 curriculum, in which "students gain an understanding of global issues both locally and beyond our borders, competency in a second language, communication skills, reasoning and problem-solving skills, and a greater awareness and understanding of other cultures."
Barron's Best Buy in College Education
Drury has been named a Barron's Best Buy in College Education.
#1 in Social Media Savvy by Her Campus Magazine
In 2011, Her Campus magazine named Drury in its top spot for "social media savvy," citing the university's Social Media Certificate Program and presences on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
American Heart Association
Drury was named a Gold Fit-Friendly Company by the American Heart Association.
- The Breech School of Business accounting and finance majors are ranked #3 for best top small colleges for accounting and finance degrees by Master of Finance Degrees.
- The NAAB-accredited Hammons School of Architecture has been ranked among the Top 11 architecture schools in the 12-state Midwest region by Design Intelligence.
- Drury’s arts administration program is one of only 25 of its kind for undergraduates in the nation.
- Drury has five unique pre-acceptance programs with prestigious schools of medicine throughout the state of Missouri.
- Drury boasts an average acceptance rate of 87% for its pre-professional health programs.
- All communication majors complete a senior seminar course that provides comprehensive career planning support.
- 100% of all Drury business students graduate with practical internship experience and global study abroad experience.
- Drury’s Enactus Team (formerly SIFE) has advanced to nationals for 15 consecutive years and has won the National Exposition three times.
- Drury’s elementary education program is nationally recognized by the Association of Childhood Education International as an exemplary program.
- The Edward Jones Center stimulates economic development through real-world projects for start-ups and community organizations, internships and the Drury on C-Street space.
- 100% of environmental science students graduate with internship or meaningful research experience.
- One of only 62 schools in the nation with a music therapy program.
- Political science majors have opportunities to complete an internship at the Washington Center in Washington, D.C.
- Drury grounds crew was selected as the 2014 recipient of the Forest ReLeaf of Missouri Exceptional Planting Project for the continued beautification of the campus.
- 300 bikes are ridden on campus annually, many of which are maintained through the university bike loan program.
- In 2012, the O’Reilly Family Event Center achieved LEED-Gold Certification.